Do you avoid pharmaceutical appetite suppressants because of the many serious side effects? If so, you’ll be glad to discover that there are certain foods and spices that can help you lose weight by naturally suppressing your desire to overeat.
- Ginger. Ginger doesn’t have many calories, but it has a strong, pleasant flavor, and helps you avoid overeating. It’s a popular addition to meals and teas. Ginger root and ginger tea may help you lose weight.
- Ginger can be added to smoothies, juices, and other drinks. It can also be part of curries or other spicy dishes. You can even eat slices of crystallized ginger.
- Ginger has fiber, amino acids, and other nutrients that promote health. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that may reduce the risk of some diseases such as diabetes or cardiovascular issues.
- Avocado. If you regularly eat avocado, you may benefit from its monounsaturated fat, which has natural appetite suppressant properties. Avocadoes can make you feel full, so you’re less likely to crave other foods or overeat.
- Avocado is a healthy choice that has good fats. Although there are many calories and fats in avocados, they are a healthier option than junk food and sugary treats.
- Consider adding a slice of avocado to your toast in the morning. You can also add it to salads and smoothies or use it as a base for sauces and dips. You can add avocados to pancake batters, quiches, omelets, pizzas, or sandwiches. A slice of avocado on a piece of bread with meat, cheese, and tomato tastes delicious.
- Cayenne pepper. Research shows that cayenne pepper and similar strong spices may suppress appetites and help weight loss. One study found that using cayenne pepper can actually make you eat fewer calories.
- The chemicals in cayenne pepper may help boost the metabolism and make you feel less hungry. They may also help burn fat in the body.
- Cayenne pepper can be added to your meals as you cook. It can be sprinkled on salads and added to soups. It can top almost any dish in moderation.
- Apples. Apples are an inexpensive and convenient way to suppress the appetite. The fiber and pectin in apples can make you feel full, so you’re less likely to stray from your diet and overeat. Plus, you can enjoy these other appetite-suppressing characteristics of apples:
- Apples taste sweet without an enormous amount of calories, so they can feed the craving for sugar without resorting to eating a box of doughnuts.
- Apples take more time to chew than other foods. This gives your body the time to process what you’re eating and send signals to your brain that you’re full faster. Apples have also been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels in the body.
- The multiple varieties of apples also keep things interesting, and you’re less likely to get bored if you eat different types.
- So, the next time you’re wondering what to eat, grab an apple from the kitchen!
Enjoy these natural appetite suppressants as you diet. Keep in mind that exercise and a generally healthy overall eating plan are also important for losing weight.